Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

Hey guys!  For those of you who have been reading the site for some time, you know that the fantasy sports here on Razzball have Razzball Commenter Leagues.  They are a way for everyone in the Razzball community to show their skills against each other, talk the sport they’re playing and even talk some smack.  Last season we had only 6 leagues, a slight uptick from my first year at Razzball but still a bit disappointing.  Now, with almost a month until the season starts, I’d love to crack double digit leagues, if not more!  Hopefully this will keep building the hockey community and maybe you’ll win the grand prize.  Here are the details:

• The goal is to have multiple 12 team leagues with everyone not only competing in their own league but for the best record overall in all RCL’s
  • In an attempt to keep things more active, each league will be a head to head league with the following 9 categories: Goals, assists, plus-minus, penalty minutes, special teams points, shots on goal, wins, goals against average, and save percentage.
  • The champion of the RCL’s will be the team that wins their individual league that had the best regular season record.  This person will win a $100 gift card to Best Buy!
  • In the event of a tie,  the stats for the teams over the 2 week championship will be compared head to head; whoever won more categories wins!  If there’s still a tie, the stats will be for over the entire playoffs, then entire season.

TO START A LEAGUE:

• Go to this link
  • Click “Create ESPN Custom”
  • Enter a league name.  Set the number of teams to 12, Restriction Type: None and “Public Access”
  • Select “Head to Head Each Category” as scoring.
  • Set the Draft Type as “Snake”
  • Choose your draft date and time, then click Create League
  • Click edit roster, add two injured reserve spots, leave the rest the same
  • Click edit scoring: Remove Average Time on Ice and Power Play Points as categories; Add Special Teams Points
  • Leave the rest of the settings the same; click “Create Your League!”

Once you have finished this, there is one more step.  Go to your league’s home page and copy the link to the league.  Copy and paste that link into the Google Sheet here and fill out your league information.

TO JOIN A LEAGUE:

Simply examine the Google Sheet below, find a league and draft time that works for you, and click the “LINK” button in “League Link” column to be taken to the leagues home page. If the league is invite only, please email the contact.

That’s it!  I have set up the first league and I encourage the commenters to set up many more!  If you have any problems, please ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  Good luck everyone!

1. Euroalien says:
    (link)

Great to see the RCL’s back for the upcoming season! Thanks for doing this.

Viz – I clicked on the link, which took me to the league home page but it did not add me to the league. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong….. or if there’s a problem with the link.

• Viz

Viz says:
      (link)

@Euroalien: Of course, no problem! Is there somewhere once you are in the league home page that you can click on to join the league? If not, go to this link (http://games.espn.com/fhl/leaguedirectory) and then type RCL 1 in for league name, click on it and then click join league. Since I am already in the league, I can’t tell if the issue is solved in the sheet so if not, I’ll have Reid mess around with it tomorrow morning when we record a podcast.

• Euroalien says:

@Viz:

There was no “Join League” option that I could see, but I used the link you provided and found the league that way! Appreciate the quick reply!

• Viz

Viz says:
          (link)

@Euroalien: Excellent, no problem!

2. Quick Sycamore says:
    (link)

Joined. I’ve never used ESPN before so it’s nice to try something different.

• Viz

Viz says:
      (link)

@Quick Sycamore: Excellent. It’s fairly easy to use and their app is simple if you want to have access from your phone.

• Quick Sycamore says:
        (link)

@Viz: Much Prefer the app, and it’s already downloaded.

3. ChicagoCanuck says:
    (link)

Looking forward to a great season. Hopefully I can draft one spot before Reid again this year!

• Viz

Viz says:
      (link)

@ChicagoCanuck: Hahaha that would be amazing. His anger was through the roof and he was justified because his team ended up being awful.

• Quick Sycamore says:
        (link)

@Viz: If he hasn’t already he should probably hurry up. Leagues almost full!

• Viz

Viz says:
          (link)

@Quick Sycamore: I’m sure a bunch more will be created, I encourage all of you to make your own league as well, but I’ll send him a message now.

• Reid

Reid says:
      (link)

@ChicagoCanuck: Oh you son of a bitch.

Just kidding. Was glad you had a solid team. Meant that I was on the right track with where I wanted my draft to go.

I was unable to join Viz’s RCL since everyone hopped in there fast. I created my own RCL for you to draft right before me and snipe all of my picks

• ChicagoCanuck says:
        (link)

It just won’t be as much fun without you in the same league. 🙂
        I wouldn’t feel right joining your league as well, but might if there is still room. 🙂

4. The Lost Vikings says:
    (link)

I wonder…are the RCLs ready to go a vikin’….

• Quick Sycamore says:
      (link)

@The Lost Vikings: You re back! You sir are hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your team last year.

5. Euroalien says:
    (link)

Hey Viz 🙂 You might want to get the link to the RCL’s updated on the hockey homepage, the link still goes to 2016………..

• Viz

Viz says:
      (link)

@Euroalien: Hey Euroalien! Got the man in charge of editing the banner up to take care of it, thanks for the heads up.

6. WalleyWorld says:
    (link)

Any more leagues open? I would be interested in joining

• Viz

Viz says:
      (link)

@WalleyWorld: It’s much easier if you simply start your own league following the steps above, it will take 5 minutes, will help things keep moving and you can pick whatever draft time is convenient for you. There can be unlimited RCL’s so I strongly encourage people to create their own, the way the first two were joined it will fill quickly. I can keep starting them myself but it somewhat defeats the purpose.

7. Euroalien says:

Just started a new league… Razzball 3

Not sure how to get it added to the list above………..

• Viz

Viz says:
      (link)

@Euroalien: I’ll take care of it for you, thanks for doing it!

Comments are closed.