The RCL season has come to an end so it’s time to acknowledge all of the individual league winners along with the RCL Hockey Champion of 2016-17. Let’s get right to it!
Viz versus the Commenters
1) Viz Nasty (yours truly) with a 124-60-5 record
2) F Off I’m Vacuuming, 115-62-12
3) Team ChicagoCanuck, 110-72-7
4) The Motherpuckers, 110-75-4
Despite coming in as the four seed, The Mother Puckers came out on top destroying me in the semifinals and beating F Off I’m Vacuuming for the title.
ATP: The League
1) Team CSKA with an incredible 138-47-4 record
2) Old School Goalie, 133-49-7
3) Team Voell, 116-66-7
4) Albion NY, 107-77-5
Team CSKA roled through the playoffs as well beating Team Voell in the finals 7-2. Just an amazing team from top to bottom.
1) Team Visbisky (woo, my first title!)
2) Lord of the Rinks
3) Greg’s USA Team Russo
4) Team Kashmanian (Flint Michigan Megabowl for Reid)
1) Atlanta Thrashers with a 112-68-9 record
2) Euros Aliens, 103-77-9
3) Baby Got Backstrom, 112-69-8
4) Crimson Fratellis, 107-73-9
Baby Got Backstrom won an incredibly close battle over the Atlanta Thrashers winning 5-4 in the final.
Scott’s 2nd League
1) Flamin’ Puckheads with a 124-58-7 record
2) Team Snipes, 91-85-13 (crazy that this team won a division)
3) Team Valor, 110-68-11
4) O Pie, 107-75-7
O Pie rallied from the 4 seed to win the title over Team Snipes 6-3.
That makes Team CSKA the overall fantasy hockey RCL champion! Congratulations to him on the title and winning the Best Buy gift certificate. Please comment below so we can get that to you. I thank everyone for participating this season and really hope that we can keep growing. I expect at least 10 leagues next season!
For now, everyone enjoy the playoffs. Be sure to join the Razzball Bracket Challenge and check out the latest podcast previewing the first round of the playoffs. You can also make a Three Point Challenge pick on that post with all players eligible. We will have a podcast on Thursday reviewing the season on the whole from a fantasy perspective. I am also working on two posts, one highlighting the big things I got wrong this year and then another with what I got right which should be useful for the future. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. Thanks for reading, take care!